AgSource is looking for an intern to fill the position of Product & Services Internship. In this role, the successful candidate will explore a financial structure for AgSource's products and services. This intern will present their findings at the end of the internship. The ideal output will have an overview of each product and service, current and ideal costs and pricing, and general recommendations on how to improve AgSource. The end result will need to address which specific products should increase in price, which ones are losing money, and ones where cost price is affected.
The duration of the internship will begin in August 2019 and conclude in January 2020.
Areas of Responsibility
- Explore and understand each of AgSource's products and services offered
- Understand margins, true costs, and identify realistic sales prices for the products and services of AgSource
- Explore how to allocate overhead to cost prices using a variety of models and testing
- Identify a cost calculation system to evaluate future program design and maintenance
- Ideal candidate will be pursuing a Business Economics or Financial Analyst Degree
- Has completed coursework in management accounting and high level on theories related to this
- Understands methods and options to allocating costs on overhead groups
- Able to work a minimum of 2 days/week
- Able to work from Verona or Madison, WI office locations.